Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to log in to the site for the last two days on one of the computers here in my shop. Each time I get a response that says it doesn't recognize the username/password combination. I even tried using the "I Forgot My Password" feature and got a new password assigned. Same result. I then tried signing on from the computer on my desk and bang, zoom I'm logged in and able to post. Went back to the other computer and no joy. Same invalid username/password result. How can that be? The site is now able to identify which computers are being used? I don't mean to be an ingrate but is this part of the new server recently installed?

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
The browser you are having problems with may have it's cookies disabled, or the cache may need to be cleared or you may want to delete the cookie for the forum so it can make a new one.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'd say Kent was on the money. Sounds like a cookie issue. Try cleaning out your cache and it should clear up.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, how does one clear out their cache and get rid of those offending cookies? I'm a real computer retard.

G

·
0 Posts
Go the IE menu TOOLS|INTERNET OPTIONS. Under the GENERAL tab there's a button that says "DELETE COOKIES". Click that and you should be good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts