Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting into my first restoration. If there are others nearby I'd be happy for the opportunity to check out other projects, swap stories, get some pointers, commiserate, whatever.

I'm in the Millard area.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yes, I'm in Elkhorn. Lots of experience with the 65/66 cars. I have a restored 65 coupe and I'm working on a 65 fastback. I have quite a few parts as well if you run into something you need. Feel free to give me a call or text with any questions.
Randy
(402) 515-9084

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not too far from either of you, Randy and Dale. I'm at 180 & Harrison.

I recently purchased a 65 coupe and am in the process of finishing up what has been done.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I had been more consistent in coming around here. Or working on the car, for that matter. I'd love to set up a get-together, but of course now that everyone is terrified of getting within six feet of anyone else...

In the mean time, I need to find a shop that can do some rust remediation cutting and welding on my '66. Reasonable cost for decent work is what I'm after -- I don't need concours, but I'm no welder. I've heard of Cars R Us and plan to talk to them in the next week or so. Any others I should check out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all, I am at 168th and Pacific. Just got my first Mustang in January and I have the interior completely torn apart. Re-wiring and re-installing all components with a goal of driving again by May. Other things to do for the next few winters but trying to be drive-able every Summer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So are you guys MCCO members? I joined... went to a couple of meetings... then stopped. I didn't find anyone there who had a Mustang under restoration, or who was really interested in discussing it, or who even had recommendations for shops to call for body work, interior, etc. Seemed more of a social club to me, which is fine, just not really what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello, my buddy john owns Benson Body and Paint. Great guy, when I am ready to replace the quarter panel on my 66 vert taking it to him. He did some work on truck, turned out great. His work number is 402 391 5875. Tell him Dan sent you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
So are you guys MCCO members? I joined... went to a couple of meetings... then stopped. I didn't find anyone there who had a Mustang under restoration, or who was really interested in discussing it, or who even had recommendations for shops to call for body work, interior, etc. Seemed more of a social club to me, which is fine, just not really what I'm looking for.
Yeah, I was a member as well. I joined hoping there would be more classics to find some people with common interests, but the club in is almost all new cars.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hello, my buddy john owns Benson Body and Paint. Great guy, when I am ready to replace the quarter panel on my 66 vert taking it to him. He did some work on truck, turned out great. His work number is 402 391 5875. Tell him Dan sent you.
Good to know! My coupe needs a little paint work.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi all, I am at 168th and Pacific. Just got my first Mustang in January and I have the interior completely torn apart. Re-wiring and re-installing all components with a goal of driving again by May. Other things to do for the next few winters but trying to be drive-able every Summer.
Hi, I have two 65's. One is "done" and the other under construction! ?
I'm not too far from either of you, Randy and Dale. I'm at 180 & Harrison.

I recently purchased a 65 coupe and am in the process of finishing up what has been done.
Great! I have two 65's. Let me know if you need anything.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I was a member as well. I joined hoping there would be more classics to find some people with common interests, but the club in is almost all new cars.
I noticed that, too. Last year I went to the annual meeting out at Mike's Classic Cars. I think the only cars I saw that predated the SN95 or Fox body were in the shop there being restored. Maybe we need an informal group just for those of use who actually own and restore 60s/70s Mustangs.

The one in our garage right now is our fourth. The first was a '77 Mustang II, 2.3l 4-speed. We had that for a month or so before it got T-boned and totaled. Replaced that with a '73 Grande coupe, 351C/2V/FMX. Sold that in '85, and the next Mustang I had was a '98 bought new, V6/5 speed, whcih I kept until 2003. Then there's this mess that I bought in a moment of weakness, or insanity, or boredom, or something. All I know is, I gotta do something with it other than let it take up a bunch of garage space.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did anyone from this Omaha post go out to Blair tonight? Amazing cars there tonight, 3 out of 5 cars were mustangs. Great night for vintage cars, Fords definitely were definitely on point tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts

Sorry, didn't respond quickly. I joined but haven't had a chance to go. Just bought my 1967 Mustang in January so now I need to wait until the meetings are back on. I know a couple members that have just restored cars and they are giving me a lot of advice. Let's go to a meeting when things get normal and see if we can drum some of this up. I know in September they will have their car show and a lot of the guys will bring theirs out.

It sounds like there is a good painter in Crete also. Radiator suggestion is Millard Radiator, just picked mine up there.

Maybe we just meet up at Dairy Chef some night, I'm about 1-2 weeks from having mine back together and I can drive it finally!

Pictures attached, it is NOT a GT500, I'll get the stickers off eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
Did anyone from this Omaha post go out to Blair tonight? Amazing cars there tonight, 3 out of 5 cars were mustangs. Great night for vintage cars, Fords definitely were definitely on point tonight.
No, shoot, I heard about it after the fact!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't know there was anything going on in Blaitr. What was the event?
Maybe we just meet up at Dairy Chef some night, I'm about 1-2 weeks from having mine back together and I can drive it finally!
Now if only I had some clue where Dairy Chef was... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice 67 fastback. Let me know if u guys meet up at the dairy chef, I am only about 15 mins away from there.
It was called Blair cruise night, I only heard about cuz I know someone in Blair. I dont think its a yearly thing, just somebody posted on Facebook and it took off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn't know there was anything going on in Blaitr. What was the event?

Now if only I had some clue where Dairy Chef was... :)
Dairy Chef is just south of 204th and Maple.

Anyone have experience tuning a carb? I have the car running but I believe it is a little rough and I don't want to attempt a tune on my own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts