Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Anyone else in/around Omaha?

4K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  RC 65 A Code 
#1 ·
Just getting into my first restoration. If there are others nearby I'd be happy for the opportunity to check out other projects, swap stories, get some pointers, commiserate, whatever.

I'm in the Millard area.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes, I'm in Elkhorn. Lots of experience with the 65/66 cars. I have a restored 65 coupe and I'm working on a 65 fastback. I have quite a few parts as well if you run into something you need. Feel free to give me a call or text with any questions.
Randy
(402) 515-9084

#6 ·
I wish I had been more consistent in coming around here. Or working on the car, for that matter. I'd love to set up a get-together, but of course now that everyone is terrified of getting within six feet of anyone else...

In the mean time, I need to find a shop that can do some rust remediation cutting and welding on my '66. Reasonable cost for decent work is what I'm after -- I don't need concours, but I'm no welder. I've heard of Cars R Us and plan to talk to them in the next week or so. Any others I should check out?

#7 ·
Hi all, I am at 168th and Pacific. Just got my first Mustang in January and I have the interior completely torn apart. Re-wiring and re-installing all components with a goal of driving again by May. Other things to do for the next few winters but trying to be drive-able every Summer.

#12 ·
Hi, I have two 65's. One is "done" and the other under construction! ?
I'm not too far from either of you, Randy and Dale. I'm at 180 & Harrison.

I recently purchased a 65 coupe and am in the process of finishing up what has been done.
Great! I have two 65's. Let me know if you need anything.

#8 ·
So are you guys MCCO members? I joined... went to a couple of meetings... then stopped. I didn't find anyone there who had a Mustang under restoration, or who was really interested in discussing it, or who even had recommendations for shops to call for body work, interior, etc. Seemed more of a social club to me, which is fine, just not really what I'm looking for.

#14 ·
Did anyone from this Omaha post go out to Blair tonight? Amazing cars there tonight, 3 out of 5 cars were mustangs. Great night for vintage cars, Fords definitely were definitely on point tonight.

Attachments

#22 ·
The Cars and Coffee at the HyVee 156th & Maple is starting back up Saturday morning the 6th. Probably pretty busy for awhile. I know they have some restrictions. They have a Facebook page to check it out.
Cars and Coffee Omaha

#23 ·
I didn't go on the 6th., but talked to one of the organizers. HyVee has opened a second portion of their parking lot, so able to have 150 car/truck spaces with an empty space between. Didn't look like it was packed, so others may be waiting to return also?

#24 ·
Hey Omaha Classic Mustang owners. I know the thread here is a bit old, but I’m just joining the classic owner life (I’ve owned new generations before). Wanted to specifically reach out to locals so tagged on to this thread. The car is a good driver as is, but will be looking for advice/help to make it a better weekend cruiser. Btw; still trying to pick it up. I’ve attached a dealer pic. Also, I live down in Bellevue, but obviously will drive anywhere around town to meet up.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

#34 ·
Thanks Randy!

As a matter of fact I probably will have questions. I see you have lots of experience with 65' Mustangs (obviously 66 then as well). This is my first classic Mustang (had a 2006' Convertible for awhile) and it's a good driver for now, but plan on doing some upgrades to make it a better driver. Not car show killer. Just fun to enjoy driver. I see your phone number earlier in this thread. Would it be okay if I save that and contact you down the road? I've got a lot on the table at the moment for summer so probably just going to enjoy it "as is" for now. So it would be sometime in the fall. I'm in Bellevue FYI. Happy to drive up your way (good excuse to drive it) so we can go discuss my ideas/plans. Thanks again for reaching out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.