Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was cleaning up the passenger side of my 68 vert project when I realized that the side cowl panel had alot of pitting, to much to ignore having to replace it. Has anyone else replaced this panel? I got a replacement panel for it and started removing the spot welds from around the cowl and the door pillar area I then cut away the old panel even where the door pillar meets the panel. The replacement seems a bit bigger than the one I removed, also the original panel extends to the glove box/ dash frame should I cut it that far over? Does anyone have any suggestions or personal experiences to make it easier to fit the replacement panel? LMK
Thanks~
Jon

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I would cut the replacement piece to fit the hole. They make the replacement piece that big as to accomodate the needs of many (rust doesn't know where to start and stop for everyone). Good luck on the project.

G

·
0 Posts
I did that panel too, cut where you see the seems on the car, and the panel I bought to replace was to big too, so I trimmed that to the size that was originally on the car, it also isn't a bad Idea that if it is small to just section in part of the panel, drill and plug weld as it looked orginally......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts