Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called the Mustang Ranch and asked them some more info about their Disk Brake Conversion set. The set is about $ 150 cheaper then most vendors. The (friendly) guy, at the phone, named Bob couldn't tell for sure if this set will fit to 14" Styled Steel Wheels.
Is there someone who use this set with SS wheels or perhaps give me some more info.....Bob told me this set is made by SSB, but I have to be sure because Netherlands - Fresno is about 6000 miles !

K

·
0 Posts
Mmm is there a Mustang Ranch in Fresno too?
I know there is one in Santa Clara, California (next to San Jose, CA).

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yeah I am but I don't think that will help you. Whizco is too .. but I think you should post the subject "Anyone have the SSB disc brake conversion?" and ask what wheels they fit. If I had the styled wheels I would go in there and check for you cause I know the guys there but I have TTII's wrong size too.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Mark the Owner of Mustang Ranch in Fresno, is a friend of mine. If no one else responds, I have a phone call into him now for some other parts, I'll ask him about the brakes as well, as I'm sure he knows.

Off the top of my head I would say that they work with 14" rims, but the 14" rims need to have been from a disk brake car, as the center whole is wider for disk brakes, and the offset may be different on standard drum wheels as well. I may be wrong, so hopefully someone else will respond, or I can get ahold of Mark before the days end.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the respons Whizco. But this would mean that 65-66 Mustangs have different (Styled Steel) wheels for drum and disk brake cars and I've never heard of that !
(I wont be able to respond the next few days because I'm in the hospital for a day or two......)

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Actually, the wheels are the same, but the center hole is bigger and the off set may be different on disk brake cars. I went through this about a year a go. I have a set of magnum 500's that came from a disk brake car. I switched them over to a drum brake mustang, and they fit just fine, but when I went to switch the drum wheels over to the disk brake car, the back fit great, but the fronts just barely went on, after tightening down, they would not turn at all, as they were rubbing on the caliper.

If you would like, I have two 66 mustangs here, one with factory disk brake and wheels, the other with factory drum brakes and wheels. I can switch wheels and note the differences if you would like. Just let me know.

BTW, Mark is a good person, sounds like your getting a good deal through him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts