Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked all over including fordsix.com for any supercharger info and am stumped. I have seen pics of I6's with superchargers, but no info as to what model is needed, what will fit, how to set it up, and anything else that may be useful. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thx in advance for any help!

Motown

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Hmmmm.....

I somehow suspect nobody has any more info than they had yesterday when you posted the same subject......

But I am only guessing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmmm.... if you dont have anything positive to say, why speak? I am posting again because my subject is buried deep in the forum and was hoping someone else would see it today. Thanks for making me feel so welcome in you forum.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have a vague recollection of seeing an ad in Hemmings about 30 years ago for a supercharger kit for a 200. It stuck in my brain because I had a 200 at the time, but didn't have the $200 asking price, being a poor college student at the time ::. I believe it was a Paxton. Not much to go on, but apparently, it can be done, and was back in the day. BTW, some of us here aren't so offended by second posts. You certainly are welcome here.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
You probably won't find a kit anywhere. 20/30 years ago, yes. Today, no.

Try contacting Paxton directly. They might have info for you from an old, obsolete kit.

You will probably have to buy a kit for a 289/302 and modify the mounting and hi-pressure ducting.

Fitting it to a stock 200? Without additional upgrades, you will probably be dissapointed.

Before a supercharger, consider:
Header and free-flowing exhaust
Shift kit for auto tranny
Offenhauser intake and 4V carb
Aftermarket cam
Port the head or Aussie head
Lower gears in rear end
Electronic ignition
Swap in a 250 (or V8)

Ask around at Ford Six.com.

Good luck. I'd like to see a supercharged I6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts