Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone is going to the the MCA grand national show and pony drive/trails aug 29th-sept 1st, in Charlotte NC,?(LOWES MOTOR SPEEDWAY).... i have been entertaining the idea.... i have been to some big shows(had a great time at each of them) but never with a vintage (running)stang of my very own at one.i have never been on a pony drive but it sounds like it could be alot of fun....anyone have any good or bad experiences with one of these?....if i can keep the mach together long enough (it's a 4-1/2 5 hour drive for me to get there)... i think i might give it a try..... what should i bring along?.. i just want to know how deep the water is before i jump in ... :0) thanks jace

·
Administrator
19,515 Posts
I'll be going there with my 1968 coupe; six of my friends here in Tucson also will be bringing their three cars.

This show should be awesome! The location is great, the sponsoring club has almost continuous activities planned, and the racing will be fun to watch (or participate in). We're really looking forward to the trip! If you can make it there, I'd recommend this show most definitely.

BTW, for any MCA member who is interested in what has been happening with the club, the August board meeting will be held on August 30, Friday evening, from 7-9 at the host hotel. It is an open meeting and the room will hold 90 people so come down and watch if you really want to see what has been happening. As I've said before, I can't report everything here, but if you're an MCA member and are really interested, please attend.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll be there, but showing the late-models. I'm a member of the host club so will probably be too busy working the event to do the pony cruise. In fact, I hope I get time to see the show at all.

Hope you can make it down. There will be plenty to see and do!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I plan to attend and hope to bring my '67 with a newly rebuilt engine--roller cam, aluminum heads...:-9~~~~

That is if it is all back together in time.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
K, that's another clue...

This MCA, whatever it is, must have something to do with shows? Is it some sort of entertainment organization?

-bob

·
Administrator
19,515 Posts
Come to the board meeting, it can be very entertaining!

Okay, flame away. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts