Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's happening Aug. 29-31 at Infineon Raceway in Sears Point. We will have our Team Drag Car their since they are sponsoring a drag exhibition for the first time in 15 years. They asked if we would bring the car out and do a couple of wheelie stands during the special drag exhibition, which will also be showing off one of the original Dragon Snake Cobra's during the exhibition. Shortly after they will be opening up the drags for all registered cars to run. This is about the only time our 8.90's 67 Coupe could ever beat a Shelby, as the open track event is a killer with our skinny front tires! ;)

Anybody else entered to drag?

http://www.themustangranch.com/cars/Classic%20Mustangs.jpg

Here's a photo and a link to the Dragon Snake Cobra for those who are interested.
http://www.cobragt40.co.za/Web%20Pics%202.1/Dragonsnake2.jpg

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I am hoping that Roberto (caponyboy) will be able to give me a ride over there. It's a lot of fun I hear!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday. I may do the drags, if the car survives a weekend of Open Track (the car is in both yellow and red groups).

I know BillGear is going to run the drags (and both days of Open Track), Shaun will be there with his 66 Coupe (running Saturday Open Track and hanging out on Sunday), DaveG will be driving my car in Yellow Group on Saturday and MYTOYS will be there (I think both days in two different run groups).

If I can keep my wits about me, I'll bring a VMF sign to put up on the EZ-Up, but you can also look for the Street or Track encampment (Shaun and Bill will have a vendor space).

Should be a hoot and a holler, with lots of ride-alongs (if you're crazy enough to want to get in the car with one of us, be sure to bring long pants, a long sleeved shirt and closed shoes - we'll get as many people out there as possible).

If you've never been to Mini-Nats, I HIGHLY recommend it. Lots of great people, great cars and a great time!

Woo Hoo!!!

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Doug I will be there with belles on if Mid will loan me his tha is.

Anyway I will be there alll three days including the show on Friday. Theres a bunch of us going and I encourage anyone on the fence to come on out if you do you won't regret it. There truly is something for everyone. For those who need more info go to Nor Cals shelby site and full detailed schedule of events.

I will be running my 65 both days in two differnt groups and can't wait. Also will have both boss 302 and 65 in car show and might do the drags if I have anything left on Sunday.

We have requested a LARGE area in Parking for VMFers as many will be there, even though I live about 7 minutes from track I will be bringing my 5th wheel to have place to hang with my kids when not running or working on cars. I think Bill will be have his Motorhome and someone else might have RV as well we should have rather impressive incampment if all goes well.

Also Gary GRR456 is coming out from Mich to attend. I also hear via grape vine the MAN CS will be attendig but thats not an offical deal and may fall through.

Iam counting the days at this point.

Mark

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'll be there on Saturday. My wife won't let me on the track for any more than the lunch time parade lap though. :(

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i am hoping to make it but it really depends on the progress of my car. i will only be coming up for the sunday events and drags cause i cant get another whole weekend off though. i saw marks car at HAN too, you guys are busy!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going on Sat. See ya there, Doug. Is Machelle coming too? How is she doing? Back driving?
If I go, it will be on Sunday only for the Drags as swmbo is still in physical therapy from the accident, and my mother was admitted to the hospital over a week a go, and we almost lost her last Wednesday. My time away depends on how well they both are doing that weekend. I guess that kind of answers both of your questions at the same time.

G

·
Doing the creeper tour on the 67 GT-500 and some last minute detailing. We will be there Fri, Sat, and doing the Drags on Sunday as well as helping with the Drags.

Morgan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts