Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 66, i was doing work to the door jambs and i removed the little button that operated the lights etc. When i went back to reattach the button the two wires went all the way to the top by the door hinge! Ive tried almost every tool to try to get them un-caught but i cant get anything to go in at that angle and up that high. anyone have any suggestions as to how i can this thing out of the door jamb??

'66 coupe resto in progress... IT NEVER ENDS

·
Registered
672 Posts
If I had super long flexible fingers, I would not have this much trouble with my doors as well. Maybe we could get some genetic engineers in on this. *LOL* Good Luck!

http://my67heven.tripod.com/emsm.gifI was looking for a restoration of fantasy. I do not want my car to be as it was in 1967. I want it to be as I imagined it in 1967. -John Baird
Got Rust? 1967 A-Code Coupe

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have the the kick panels off and that didnt work... i also tried the under dash route and that too was was no help... the wire is stuck in such a weird place it seems impossible to get too! but im sure ill find a way somehow

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant use a coathanger because the wire is basically vertical and theres nothing for the hanger to loop onto... can any of you texans come lasso it for me???

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Use the coat hanger with SUPER STICKY TAPE (double sided is best) wrapped around the end. It is amazing what you can pull out with such a set up. (If you can see it you can usually get it.)

John Harvey

1965 "A" Code Convertible. "298" V-8 (It is way overbored), balanced, decked, milled, forged pistons and rods, high torque cam, toploader 4 speed, red with a white top (glass window), and a white interior with black appointments.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahhh very nice! i think the tape one might work... ill let you know how that works out

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Do you have one of those long grabber tools? It's a flexible wand with little fingers on the end that are operated by a push button on your end? Not altogether different than the toys kids have like biting sharks or hands. Any idea what I'm talking about? They're a couple bucks but worth 100 times that in times like this.

/forums/images/icons/blush.gifClick here to see free live bare topless Coppertonecam images./forums/images/icons/blush.gif
/forums/images/icons/smile.gifMy new 64 1/2 vert/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
If you had kids, they have little arms and hands that can get in places yours can't... Expensive tools, but worth it in times like this.

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
lemme explain. First, remove the courtesy light switch wiring completely from the door jamb by pulling it out from under the dash. Then, take a coat hanger in Slim Jim mode and poke it through the courtesy light hole all the way until it pops out under the dash/kick panel area. Loop the end around the courtesy light wiring plugs and pull it back through the kick panel/door jamb and out the CL hole.

Sometimes you have to kill the patient to fight the disease.

Hope that helps,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Sounds like a question for Peter Pan.....Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts