Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...That they'd let me stop once in? :lol: Maybe just roll down a driveway or something. I'm debating if i want to go to the hassle of power booster and power pedal for my 4 wheel disc conversion... ALthough I doubt anyone has 4 wheel disc manual, but 2 should be fine.. Thanks! :lol:

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hah, i was expecting as much.. How would you compare it to a newer car with power? Driven hundreds of different new cars.. Not so much the older ones.. Would i be reefing on it to lock them up, or would it still be fairly easy. This will be a non track car, and I expect to drive it a decent amount.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Obviously a new car with power brakes is much easier to stop then my car.
The effort is very high to lock them up. You may be able to compensate a little by experimenting with different pads, but I doubt that it would ever be considered as easy.
The bottom line is that with the clutch, steering and brakes that I have, my car is NOT enjoyable in traffic.

·
Registered
12,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alrighty, thanks man. That pretty much answers my question I guess if youre used to these cars and Im used to newer cars, and you say its not enjoyable (Sorry for the missing apostraphes, seems to be malfunctioning). I have a stock 5.0 clutch, will have R&P, so maybe its best if I go power for a daily driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts