Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This wiring strap came from under the dash and was covered with rubber. I've got to media blast it and rubber dip it before installing it. I can't remember where it bolted to? It does not bolt to the drivers side fresh air vent like I've seen in some Picts because I restored the vent and there are no extra holes. This is off an September 1964 built San Jose built fastback. Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
That might be the bracket that the speedo cable sits in. So, look for the correct sized hole on the left side of the pedal brace that is between the firewall and the dash metal. It would be mounted toward the outside of the brace.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think that bracket is on the right side of the cluster and the wire harness rests in it. At least it is on mine. It mounts to brace the is to the side of the wiper motor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The later 65's mounted to the fresh air vent with one sheet metal screw. I'll check the brake pedal mount to see if there is a hole. I just wish I could find a picture...

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Duane,

I don't have a picture, but the strap attaches to the back of the vent can via a pan-head screw (same as the one that holds on the plastic vent grill). The screw hole is aligned with the rear plastic grill screw and is halfway up the can. If you want, PM me a phone number and I'll take a picture with my phone and text it to you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duane,

I don't have a picture, but the strap attaches to the back of the vent can via a pan-head screw (same as the one that holds on the plastic vent grill). The screw hole is aligned with the rear plastic grill screw and is halfway up the can. If you want, PM me a phone number and I'll take a picture with my phone and text it to you.
My father bought this car new in 1964 and I took it apart for the first time ever and there is no such hole. The bolt and nut you see on the strap held it somewhere else.My other 65 built in Dearborn in early 65 has this strap on the vent.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
On the 66 there are two such straps that support the main wiring harness. I have pics somewhere.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Mine is mounted below dash left of parking brake. Understand that is where San Jose mounted them on the early 65’s. However, it doesn’t make much sense as no wires there to hold.
You got caught by a zombie thread. It‘s 5 years old

Reactions: Donchap23
1 - 11 of 11 Posts