Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks!

I have been told it looks "balloony". I have 4 and 3/8 backspacing; I think it will be a relatively close call fitting on a stock, old spring, 65 coupe anyway.....

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
My rear tires are 235/60/15 on 7" rim.

More pictures on my webpage if needed.

Truth be told I would go with 8" wheels and 245's next time. Then again I would also go for 16" wheels.

I don't care where my wheels are made - I like 'em! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I am having seconds thoughts on my signature. It IS kind of d#$kish. China pisses me off for so many reasons I don't want to go into on a Mustang forum. The embodiment of it in the vintage Mustang world is "American" Racing wheels made in China, formerly made by people here. Not knocking their quality, just where they are from.

Thanks for your help, I genuinely appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love your website. The pics were all I needed to see. I did notice your ride height looks like you have fresh springs all around. My springs look "tired" compared to yours.

She's going on the road within a month or so for the first time. We'll see how old my springs really are then...

PS - This is an old pic with 205/70/14 and 225/70/14 and s$%&y fake Cragars. I have some brand new 15x7 styles steels good to go.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have 235/60R15s on 15x7 Cragars not mounted to the car yet (still working on the rear brakes/springs/shocks).

If you want any other shots of them, it's easy for me to get them.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sokoloff, I appreciate it, but I think Frank's shots are all I needed.

I could use your opinion though, do like the way they look sidewall-wise? I have been wondering if having the ballooned out sidewalls affects handling any vs. a straighter one like a 225 or less would have as well...

·
Registered
738 Posts
lunarweasel said:
Thanks!

I have been told it looks "balloony". I have 4 and 3/8 backspacing; I think it will be a relatively close call fitting on a stock, old spring, 65 coupe anyway.....
It will not be balloony. The tread width is approx 8" and the rim width is only 7". It would be balloony if the rim is wider than the tread.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm very happy with the way they look. You've got an extra 1/4" of backspace that I don't have and I think they'll look better tucked up like yours. (I'm hoping mine don't rub once I get everything back together.)

If they rub, then I guess I'll just drag race the hell out of them this summer and get new ones a size down next spring. :/

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
lunarweasel said:
Love your website. The pics were all I needed to see. I did notice your ride height looks like you have fresh springs all around. My springs look "tired" compared to yours.

She's going on the road within a month or so for the first time. We'll see how old my springs really are then...

PS - This is an old pic with 205/70/14 and 225/70/14 and s$%&y fake Cragars. I have some brand new 15x7 styles steels good to go.

Springs are fresh 5 years ago and have finally settled to where I like them! My car actually sits about 1" lower all the way around now. The web pics are a few years old.

The 235's are abou 9 1/4" wide on a 7" wheel. So they stick out about 1 1/8". Like I said - I would go with at least an 8" wheel if I had the chance to do it again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts