Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the ring Brothers hood hindges? If so are they wortn the $600?
Thanks Paul :horror:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If I bought the Ring Brother's hood hinges, it would mean that my car was finally finished after 19 years and there was nothing left to do to it.

They look like REALLY nice hinges, but come on $600.00.

Tim

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Well, all I can say is I have purchased them and await there arrival. Are they worth it well it just depends on someones opinion. I certainly will share mine once they arrive.

I find it interesting at times how strong some voice there's here. If someone chooses to spend there money on something that they feel will inhance there ride so be it.

I certainly will give a report of MHO once I recieve them. I will tell you this. I have been trying to come up with something really differnt to use as hindges for many years and never come up with a design I like as well as these. I also Know it would cost me more to have them made by someone as one offs. So to me it may be worth it, but to someone else maybe not.

Sometimes I wonder why we all jump quickly to say how we should or should not spend our money. For some a Country Club membership would hold no value but others its a must. I say to each there own. Its like our cars do it your way do what you want don't listen to rest of us anyway, after all its your money, you earned it spend it the way that pleases you.

Mark

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yeah, I figure if you like it, go for it. I can't say anything bad because awhile back I dumped 2K on 12" front brake system and then watched as the vendor lowered the initial price by about $200 a few months later. It really does pay to wait.

Anyway, I wonder if Ring Bros's hinges work with fiberglas hoods okay?

Dean T

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I think the hood on Kona (sp?) is a fiberglass unit. There was another post about the hinges that said they ask about the hood when you order them, it may have been a reply by MyToys

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I'll bet nothing is different other than the gas supports, lighter hood less pressure needed.

Very, very nice, if I wasn't so deep in with the EFI and overdrive I might buy a set for myself. Oh wait, something to do next winter......

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I find it interesting at times how strong some voice there's here. If someone chooses to spend there money on something that they feel will inhance there ride so be it.
Lets see - - $600 for a set of trick billet hinges or $355 for a plastic toy '67 fastback. Sometimes its hard to tell people where they should spend their money. As for me - - I'm putting everything in Enron stock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts