Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have their complete T-5 kit with the cable clutch. It replaced my C-4..It is great..however check for routing issues if you have headers. The cable runs forward and loops back by the oil filter and must make a straight run to the bell housing..I had to get rid of the headers I had and after trying several others could only use hedman shorty's.
blkstlln

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I just put one like it on my Son's '66 Coupe. The cable does not use any springs, both the clutch fork spring and the Pedal assist spring get removed. The pedal seems to function fine, but to me it just lacks the lively feel of the original.

On my '66 Fastback, I'm going to install the "new" Ron Morris kit. This version does not require you to drill a hole in the firewall. www.ronmorrisperformance.com/

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you have a new location to host your pic's. I guess I can pull it off my site now. Good to see you have a permanent home.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have it on my 67 (I used Bruce for the entire package from flywheel back!). It did take some getting used to, it is so smooth with very low pedal effort. I love it! I have Hooker Super Comp headers and the cable snaked right through the middle of the tubes!

The hole that you have to drill for a 67 is a bit tricky as it is on a curved part of the firewall. It is also pretty tight inside, but once you get it set up it's great. I think that Mustangs Plus says you can install it in 60 (I think Bruce says 90 minutes), but plan on it taking the better part of a day if you have to saw off the little bit on your clutch pedal (the directions have more info on this).

Let me know if you have additional questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts