Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As someo f you may rad in the General Discussion area, my dad drove me by a house that he said had a white with blue stripes mustang fastback sitting in the drive way. Well, friday, the hood is up on a car in the drive way, so we pull in to say hey. The guys name is Rick, and after he sold his buisness (advertising) he decided to buy a few mustangs. Heres the run down of what he bought:

1. 1988 parts car in crappy condition

2. 1988 Black Saleen, his 15 year old sons daily driver (lucky s.o.b.)

3. 1967 Red Convertible, being restored, his wifes car

4. 1966 white with blue stripes fastback, shelby clone, his daily driver.

5. 1966 Black and Gold Shelby, used to be a race car

6. 1966 red with white stripes shelby, immaculate condition, show car

7. 1970 red and gold shelby

8. 1967 Shelby, white, being restored

9. 1970 yellow Boss 302

Also has a cobra kit car, 3-4 jeeps, an '03 Yukon, a awesome looking VW Bug, and 40+ vintage John Deer Tractors. Looks like I made a new friend, and found an awesome place to hang out next summer and to help him restore his mustangs. Im just speechless.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
What a nice collection. I have not had that many 'stangs in my whole life.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
wow, i am in envy, it must be nice to be stinking rich and on the lifestyles of the rich and famous eh ? ..and his son, to get that 88 black saleen ? what a lucky shmuck , ive always loved those.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Can't think of anyone who might have that many stangs or for the fact that many cars! :p Hmmmm.... I'd have to think about that one for a bit? ::

(see bio for details)

Just wish mine were all Shelby as well. Oh well....guess you can't have everything! ::

G

·
0 Posts
Heres my friends collection. He is a 80 + year old walnut farmer.
#1 65 mustang convertable
#2 55 nomad wagon 2-door
#3 56 belair 2-door
#4 32 ford truck
#5 33 chevy truck
#6 40 cadillic
#7 29 ford truck
#8 55 vet convertable
#9 forgot the make (old)
My favorite #10 63 split-window vet 327 fuel injected Cherry car. Black on black
Most have been sitting for over 10 years it is truly a waste of american iron. He will not sell any I have tried to get the 65 mustang and the 63 vet and the 55 nomad. The 63 vet is cherry and the 55 vet is in good condition the rest are beyond their good days. ::

·
Registered
142 Posts
Guess you guys haven't heard about the guy whos got around 50 corvettes (I know, they're not mustangs, but dang, 50 corvettes...) at his house. He's got at least one 18 car garage (3 wide, 3 deep, 2 high - he's got them all on individual hydralic lifts), man, now that's a collection!!! He's got a 53, and he's getting matching VIN's with a new 03 50th anniversary vette.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
There's a guy in my club who has more Mustangs than I can keep track of.
Last I had heard it was around 10 classic Mustangs and a couple of late models.
Parking is really an issue, LOL

·
Registered
640 Posts
A friend of mine has:

1. 72 Mach 1
2. 70 Boss 302 (maroon)
3. 70 Boss 302 (Pink)
4. 67 GTA
5. 69 428SCJ
6. 60s Fairlane (Drag car)
7. 70 Mach 1 (Blue)
8. 70 Mach 1 (White)
9. Roughly 50 1970 parts cars.

Scott

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i've had up to 9 mustangs at one time, but most were parts cars at best :0)

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Is this guy now retired? I have 4 Mustangs and can't ever keep all 4 running at the same time. Just thinking of having that many is enough to make me go screaming from the room and hide under the covers ::

That's quite a collection, though.

LOL, We have only 1 Mustang and are taking our time looking for # 2, I wounderwhat the he!! I'm getting into :: ::

·
Registered
952 Posts
Geez Joyce - Who would that be??? ::

1 - 17 of 17 Posts