Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
@Bob & Sue - Hey Bob, can you see if any of the aforementioned suggestions apply and works for you?
Cheers,
Natalie

This on 2 windows machine 1) Win 10 1) Win 8.1 both have all the latest updates, Mcafee anti virus site adviser & Malwarbytes Premium.

Scenario 1) set to classic view with Chrome or I.E.
Works fine no memory dumps you do lose some functionality.

Scenario 2) using chrome or I.E. set view to default.
Continuous load of sites on lower left video ad loads & plays till Chrome crashes with a Memory Full Error, I.E. no memory error after 15 mins sitting idle "Site not Responding" need to kill I.E.

Scenario 3) using chrome with Ad Blocker, I.E microsoft plugin Adblock Plus.
Site loads fine no problems found.

Scenario 4) using chrome with disconnect on win 10 using adblock plus on win 8.1.
Site loads fine no problems found. Load times are about the same.

I'll run some error scripts I have later this week without any blockers to see where the memory full errors occur. I think the adds load but are not receiving a call back to verify the ads loaded.

I'll get out a Mac I haven't used in a while to see what results I come up with using Safari.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,842 Posts
Using classic view was posted earlier in this thread on post #15 for folks using google chrome & I.E.

These kind of threads need to be read from the beginning to help troubleshoot problems, there are too many variables for everyone to keep repeating problems without solutions.

Bob

I'm with you on reading the entire thread, you get input from many users. There were a few different threads started within a week on the Same issues before they were merged together.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Seriously? What would you have me do, read 50+ posts just to determine that my tweaks haven't been duplicated? No thank you! Spend my time in contemplation of other posts in the distant past that indicate some or no success? No thank you! Conceal possible solutions from those who also did not deign to read 50+ posts before getting to a summary of possible solutions? No thank you! No, I thank you and again, I thank you!

(Apologies to Edmond Rostand.)
Sorry if this offended you it wasn't meant to point you out it was general statement there were 3 threads started on this before the admin merged them together.

My way of thinking on this is if you have a problem everyone is here to help. Many posters will start a thread on a subject like oil changes or type of oil without searching the forum first ( I'm guilty of this too ).
If someone doesn't want to spend the time researching a subject why waste other folks time. This is true on all forums not just this one.

Have a good day Jack

·
Administrator
1,127 Posts
I'll run some error scripts I have later this week without any blockers to see where the memory full errors occur. I think the adds load but are not receiving a call back to verify the ads loaded.

I'll get out a Mac I haven't used in a while to see what results I come up with using Safari.

Bob
Thanks, Bob. Let us know.

Is anyone else still experiencing issues with the slowness, and seeing if the page you're on is hanging onto anything specific at the bottom left hand corner of your browser screen? If so, take a screenshot and send us a link to the page that you were on when you noticed this.

Yes, switching the to the classic skin may improve speed but you will lose some features that are offered in the full version.

It's hard to pinpoint one issue when everybody can have different contributing factors as to why these problems are happening to each person. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Administrator
19,313 Posts
People who don't post on the forum don't get permission to use PM's until they do. It's an anti-spam thing we HAD to do.

·
Super Moderator
8,842 Posts

·
Administrator
19,313 Posts
Um, he's been here like three years people. Just doesn't care to post much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why do I have to change my password everytime I try to log in to the site? The last password I enter never stays and I have to go through the password reset phase everytime. Very frustrating!!

·
Super Moderator
8,842 Posts

·
Administrator
1,127 Posts
Why do I have to change my password everytime I try to log in to the site? The last password I enter never stays and I have to go through the password reset phase everytime. Very frustrating!!
Have you tried reviewing your password manager? or click on the remember me box?

Best regards,

Ed

·
Administrator
1,127 Posts
@dialh - your browser may have your old password saved so it'd be a good idea to clear your cache/cookies and refresh. When you enter in your password once more, do as Ed suggested and click on the 'remember me' box by your login details. Let us know if that works for you.
@69GT350H - what browser are you having issues with the site loading (on your desktop)? Have you tried on other browsers? Does the issue persist? Clear your cache/cookies and refresh as well. There could potentially be a bad cookie causing the slowdown for you. If that doesn't help, does it show if the site is hanging on to any scripts/ad at the bottom left corner of your browser? It'll say something like "waiting for ....." which generally zips by very quickly when you open a new page but if it lingers on one, then there's something up.

Screenshots would also be helpful.

Thanks all,
Nate

·
Administrator
1,127 Posts
@dialh - your browser may have your old password saved so it'd be a good idea to clear your cache/cookies and refresh. When you enter in your password once more, do as Ed suggested and click on the 'remember me' box by your login details. Let us know if that works for you.
@69GT350H - what browser are you having issues with the site loading (on your desktop)? Have you tried on other browsers? Does the issue persist? Clear your cache/cookies and refresh as well. There could potentially be a bad cookie causing the slowdown for you. If that doesn't help, does it show if the site is hanging on to any scripts/ad at the bottom left corner of your browser? It'll say something like "waiting for ....." which generally zips by very quickly when you open a new page but if it lingers on one, then there's something up.

Screenshots would also be helpful.

Thanks all,
Nate

·
Registered
447 Posts
This site is loaded with JUNK. My Browser 'Home' is 6 sites - 4 car forums, 1 Linux forum and Farcebook. ALL of the other pages load and are reviewed before VMF even finishes loading.
My junk filter is showing 29 non forum related things (cookies, trackers, ads, etc) trying to load from 19 different domains. Not even Farcebook has that many!
All from logging into 1 vertical scope site. It really is a shame.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I am using uBlock, currently blocked 22 items on this site. Using Chrome without these slowdowns you are talking about. I wonder if it is an Apple issue?

I do agree though, I do not need to run blockers on any other sites, just this one.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts