Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWMBO has decided that the 1st or 2nd week of Aug. that we are going to go to Chain_O_Lakes State Park for our annual camp trip :), and her and(at least) 2(of 4) daughters pilgrimage to Shipshawanna ::.If it is the same as every other year(and Im sure it will be :p),I will be there for at least a week. If there is any VMFer in the area, It would be great to meet, and put some faces with some of these names.Most any day that I am there, Im sure I would be able to get away for a couple hours.The girls(14 and 16)will spend most of the time at the beach"eyeing up" the lifeguards.. ::
If any of you are golfers, we could maybe meet up for 9 (or 18) holes(not that Im much of a golfer :eek:)or just meet up for a cold one or three ;)...I know that the park is near Kendallville, and I dont think that Fort Wayne is too far away either..Im not real familiar with the are, but Im pretty sure 1/2 hr to a 1hr drive would take in quite a bit of Northern Indiana..............
Anyone interested?

Joe

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
I need to check my schedule, but I might be up for it. Then again, I SHOULD have my Art Carr AOD by then... hey... you up for a tranny swap? :)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey CT..Lending a helping hand would'nt be a problem at all..in fact..after a few days with the in laws and 2 teen age daughters it sounds rather exciting... :p ::

Ill let you know more specifically when Im heading that way (when swmbo decides) and if all works with your schedule (tranny or not) It would be great to meet up.Also..as a side note..if you are ever in need of any parts for the 70 that you cant locate..let me know..about 15 mins from where i live, a guy has a field full of old mustangs..no 65-68, mostly 69 and 70's..a few of the 71-73's.I would estimate in the area of 75 cars(or more) behind his house.Most of the parts that was still good on the cars when he got them, he has stripped off and stored in old semi trailers.whats left in the field isnt much good..maybe some glass and misc stuff...but mostly shells...Let me know.

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts