Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing, this curb up and attacked the front end of my daughters beater. She hit the curb so hard that it bent the lower strut arm. I got a replacement from the wrecking yard, put it on and the wheel is cambered in about 7 degrees. I noticed that replacement is marked "right 02" and the original is marked "4 right". Does anyone know if that is how the major camber is adjusted, or is something really F*&ked up??

Layne

69-GT F Code Sportsroof
00 - Dodge Ram 1500 - My daily driver
95 - Dodge Stratus LS - SWMBO daily driver
92 - Ford Tempo GL - Daughters beast

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know about the markings, but I am pretty sure that if she bent the lower arm, some other things moved as well, like at the lower strut bolts(can't remember but I think Ford utilized cam headed bolts here) that attach strut to spindle,these will through caster/camber off.I know some of the Fords also had the upper mounting plate spot welded, so adjustment meant drilling out the welds, but it has been a while, I would take it to an alignment shop and see if they can get it into specs or not.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Here is a quote exactly from the Chilton's manual. "Caster and camber angles on your car are preset at the factory and cannot be adjusted in the field. Improper caster and camber can be corrected only through replacement of worn or bent parts." I checked my '90 Tempo. They are stamped 02 Left and 02 Right.

'68 Coupe, 289, C4, 3.40 gears, GT-40P heads, TCI Streetfighter stall convertor.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
You will need to take it to a frame shop. You will be surprised that it may not cost as much as you think..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts