Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through a muscle car magazine recently (I think it was Muscle Car) and came across a story on a GTO. The car had lots of period options, Hurst mags among them. It also had red plastic, dealer-installed wheel well liners. I know new cars have them, but these were early 70's add-ons. I'm not looking to put these on my car, just interested from a trivia standpoint since it was before my time. Anyone know about cool vintage accessories, Mustang-related or not?

Ollie

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A friend of mine has a Hurst Olds all stock. I think it's a 68 and it has red plastic inners to go with the big 455.

Maybe it was a GM thing back then on some specialty cars.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
IIRC those red splash shields were OEM on a number of the hotter Olds 442s from the late 60s/early 70s. I think the ram-air cars all had 'em. I don't think they came on Pontiacs from the factory, though. Since Cutlasses (442s) and GTOs were both the same chassis, you could probably put 'em right in any GM A-body of the period.

Glenn Morgan 66 GT Fastback 351w+toploader

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
I remember seeing those red liners on GTO's vintage 1967 or so, and IIRC Plymouth Barracudas of the same general vintage

67 Vintage Burgandy 390GTA with most of the bells and whistles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts