Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any parts yards in Illinois, preferably central IL? I need some parts for the Mach....

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1617612&a=12349055&p=45163239&Sequence=0&res=high.jpg
[color:blue]1969 Mach 1-in restoration</font color=blue>
[color:green]I got my stang on April Fools day. I wonder if that means something....</font color=green>

G

·
one teen to another teen! i know of one in villa park, IL and there is one down in the southern part of Illinois but dont remember what town, we where pasting by while going to the Florida Coast!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I noticed you live in Decatur, I live in Manito (near Peoria). I do know of a place in Kankakee right off the interstate (57). I think the name is ACME (no kidding). They had a few mustangs when I lived up there in 94, but not to sure of the years. There's not to many places left that let you roam free anymore. The forum and mustang clubs are a great source for information and parts. Or you can find others that have similar cars and see if they can help. What parts do you need?

67 V8 Coupe (under restoration, been in the family since 72)

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Which one in Villa Park? North Ave or St Chas Rd? North Ave has a few old cars but not many. St Chas is late model only because of lack of space. The cars go in and get dismantled like a cow in a slaughterhouse. Minutes later just pieces stacked on shelves.

Gene J

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584519&a=12058180&p=43615717.jpg
66 Coupe/66 Convert/84 GT Turbo/96 coupe

Gene's cars

G

·
If you want to go that far, at Edwardsville is Mustang Corral. I've bought some hard to find interior parts for my 69 Mach from them. If you want to go to the other side of the state near Vincennes IN in a little town named Saint Francisville there is a place called Mustang Heaven. The guy there has lots of parts cars, and handles some reproduction parts as well. The number is 618-948-2824

G

·
Hey,

I live in Bloomington and know of at least 1 good junkyard. Its called Ace Auto Salvage and it is straight up I-39 from Bloomington. I don't have their number anymore, but I think you can get it by dialing 1-815-555-1212, which is directory assistance for that area. They have two old junkyards. One that is open I believe Monday - Saturday and another one that has the really old cars that is specifically only open on certain weekends during the month.

Also, depending on what parts you need, you may be able to call Tessendorf Automotive in Bloomington. Don has a wide selection of used parts for old Mustangs. I cannot say that he will have what you are after, but he may be able to help out. His number is 309-827-2300.

Good Luck.

Kurt.

Mustang Tech in Training

1 - 6 of 6 Posts