Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1966 mustang coupe is needing a new automatic transmission. Does anyone know what a rebuilt transmission runs for? I would think they would give me so much for my old transmission as a core right? Thanks any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you are pulling the Tranny and reinstalling it...Mine cost $350 plus $75 dollars for a new torque converter last year. I would check with local mustang clubs or mustang shops to see who they use to rebuld C4's.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Now would be a great opportunity to install an AOD and enjoy much better freeway cruising. To bad you aren't closer, I would just sell you my tranny.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Prices vary depending on locale. Figure 300-500 for an exchange unit, including a rebuilt OEM-style converter. You do the R&R. Double that for a shop job. If you get the new tranny before pulling the old one, you'll be charged a core charge, usually 75-125, which will be refunded upon returning the core. These price ranges are from a customer who operates a trans wholesale rebuild shop in my area.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
removing my own and taking it to the shop for them to rebuild, cost: $350.00 including a trans-go shift kit, and no torque converter - as i need a fairly high stall. so a long answer, but $350.00 in Richmond, MO.

·
Registered
491 Posts
here in florida they told me it would be around 400 thats with me bring them the tranny in trunk of my hyundai

·
Registered
762 Posts
SFW99...I live in Orlando too ! Who did you get your tranny quote from ? Mine is getting lazy shifting from 2-3 and I want to freshen it up..

·
Registered
491 Posts
i dont remeber. i just went through the phone book and lookedfor the places with the smallest ads. that usually means lower overhead and cheaper prices. i think it was mikes in altamonte though that seemed the most reasonable.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
i dont remeber. i just went through the phone book and lookedfor the places with the smallest ads. that usually means lower overhead and cheaper prices. i think it was mikes in altamonte though that seemed the most reasonable.
I designed an AMC theater in Altamonte, FL. have you been there ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts