Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Originally those would've been Halibrand magnesium wheels. Not sure the exact manufacturer for those ones. This might help track down who makes those particular ones. Wheels

·
Registered
353 Posts
This is a red shelby daytona. These wheels look like the eleanor rims but they'r much wider. Any help will be appreciated.:)
Well, these:

are American Racing "Shelby" style 427 Halibrand-clones, without the knock-off-look center caps in this pic, the fronts are 18x8 wearing 245/45-18 tires (and it took significant fender work just to get those in there and still retain the side spear) and the rears are 18x10 with 285/40-18s.

They're a 2pc wheel that can be made in various offsets, the rears on that Daytona in the top pic appear to be made with zero or negative offset. So the answer to your question is probably "yes, the style 427 will fit a Mustang, but not with that kind of offset."

I think my fronts on the wagon (never mind the ride height, it's got blocks in the front and the rear's completely unloaded on stock leafs in this picture) are 4.75in rear spacing and the rears are 6.25 or some such (the rears are set up for an MN12 IRS, which will be trial-fit in a couple weeks; if I have to go stick-axle I'll need to have a very wide axle made...) which means the rears have only 1/2in more apparent 'dish' than the fronts.

I'd say 'go to the American Racing website and check out the available dimensions' but they've so utterly and completely effed up their website that it's impossible - absolutely impossible - to find anything. I've got a friend who's an American Racing distributor, if you want to talk to him about sizing, pricing, and turnaround time (they are made to order, and that took a bit of time on mine) PM me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Look like Team III wheels to me, as you can order them in custom widths and backspacing as displayed on the Daytona.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, these:

are American Racing "Shelby" style 427 Halibrand-clones, without the knock-off-look center caps in this pic, the fronts are 18x8 wearing 245/45-18 tires (and it took significant fender work just to get those in there and still retain the side spear) and the rears are 18x10 with 285/40-18s.

They're a 2pc wheel that can be made in various offsets, the rears on that Daytona in the top pic appear to be made with zero or negative offset. So the answer to your question is probably "yes, the style 427 will fit a Mustang, but not with that kind of offset."

I think my fronts on the wagon (never mind the ride height, it's got blocks in the front and the rear's completely unloaded on stock leafs in this picture) are 4.75in rear spacing and the rears are 6.25 or some such (the rears are set up for an MN12 IRS, which will be trial-fit in a couple weeks; if I have to go stick-axle I'll need to have a very wide axle made...) which means the rears have only 1/2in more apparent 'dish' than the fronts.

I'd say 'go to the American Racing website and check out the available dimensions' but they've so utterly and completely effed up their website that it's impossible - absolutely impossible - to find anything. I've got a friend who's an American Racing distributor, if you want to talk to him about sizing, pricing, and turnaround time (they are made to order, and that took a bit of time on mine) PM me.
Thanks for spending your time to write all this!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts