Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all! It's a San Jose, March 65, V8, C-Code. Probably a plain-jane C-Code 3-speed manual car. Non-original door, so I have no door tag to give further info.

(I'm not referring to the random yellow paint stuff.)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't know anything about your code, but it looks like you have an iron water pump. Mine is aluminum, and it is January 65 San Jose build.

I am not familiar with any codes placed on the top of the rail, just on the front face. I believe they would be hard to see by the workers if the marks were on top of the rail.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John,

Thanks for responding. The engine is a hodge podge 79 302 with some 68 and 65 parts tacked on. :)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe, I don't know much about concours type Mustangs, but always thought it was some sort of build code that has come up through the paint...

·
Registered
108 Posts
looks like somebody's -45 reference for the coolant?

I agree with the comment about coolant. I worked at a Ford dealership in Ohio in the 70s and we used paint to record how low the anti-freeze would protect the car. We put this info on or near the radiator.

We also used similar paint markings to record the technician number of the tech that did the pre-delivery inspection.

I do not believe the reference in the OPs photo was done during assembly.

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts