Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i'm already making plans for the show!!! i have the mach1 in drydock so i can work on and improve a few things ok a lot of things! including a 5-speed swap.(i might even put in all my fender bolts just for gyspyR lol) i already have a motel room reserved :0)
i have been talking to some locals here,and i think so far there will be wife and me in the mach,an 88 t-bird,70 boss 302,70 fastback,1 93 coupe,1 93 hatchback,both 4 bangers a 98 stang,and a newer model SUNFIRE(yeah i know but he's a good guy)will be making the trip. we will be leaving thursday the 15th(from Princeton,WV) and comming back the 18th(sunday) after the show. we are located in southeren West Virginia. if anyone is interested in joining us YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!!
we will be traveling route 460/19 till bristol,to I-81,then I-40....if you might be interested you can email me [email protected] or call 304-466-4587. if you want to meet us somewhere along the way thats fine our plans arn't written in stone, or i can give you my cell number and we can stop and wait for you or figure out a place to meet along the route. of course we all will have CBs,probley running on channel 40, :0)..i think it's going to be a blast!!. i;m going to run an announcement in a few of the local newspapers and tradeing papers.... just let me know if you are interested..........jace

·
Registered
971 Posts
We are planning on going , hopefully the SWMBO can get of work that wk.
If not it will probably be myself and my Son.
I'm sure there will be places to meet up between mich and tenn.
I think there a few comming from Canada and the South West so it should be fun.

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
I've been planning for this show for more than a year now, so yes, I'll be there. However, a caravan won't quite work out for us considering I'm coming from Arizona. ::

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I am toying with the idea of driving my Mach, but I'd be driving over from Oregon! I will probably be going by myself, so I also want to hook up and caravan. Maybe I'll do the Mustangs Across American thing...I just don't want to drive all the way "down" to LA to start the drive back east--that adds an extra 14-15 hours of drive time to the start, ugh.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,252 Posts
Looks like we might meet up about Knoxville. That's way too far ahead for me to plan, but I'll be sure to get with you and swap cell #'s before we go.
Channel 40 huh? I used to have an old CB out in the garage somewhere. Might have to dig it out.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
There will be 4 Mustangs in Motion runs from different parts of the country. Laurie is coming up from the Southwest, another is coming down from Oregon/Wash., there is a Great Lakes group coming from Michigan, and a New England group coming down I-81. All 4 will meet up with the Pony Drive from Florida at Lebanon for lunch on Thursday. From there, the entire group will caravan into the speedway as 1 big group. We're trying to get 400-500 cars. There is more on the Pony Drive web site under Mustangs in Motion, with schedules and maps for 2 of the runs. The others are "under construction". www.ponydrive.us E-mail me if you need more info.
[email protected] :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I live only 2 hours west of Nashville, just off of I-40, so chances are, no matter when I go, I'll be in a caravan with someone from the west. I just hope there will be some VMF T-shirts available before then. I've only met one VMF'er in person so far (Bishir). I'm looking forward to meeting many more of you. If any of you need any information about the area, let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The big Mustangs Across America Drive is coming along the I-40 corridor. We have about 70 registered thus far with five parties from abroad. Our major support clubs and sponsors re coming on board. MCA will be working with us to plan a grand reception on Thursday the 15th at Nashville Super Speedway. We as David pointed out are expecting over 400 registered cars to participate in the run.

Mustangs Across America 40th Anniversary Drive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts