I know it's risky, but I had eyeballed the car a few times while I was considering a number of others. Then, the seller dropped his reserve and I had a 10 minute window to make a decision. I called the owner and got every answer I could think of from him, and then made the bid. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and make a move.
Anyway, the previous high bidder still wants to buy the car (at more than I paid), so I do have a little wiggle room. Someone who really knows these Mustangs could probably tell me if I should keep it or pass it on though.