Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching Overhaulin and similar shows.....I've come to realize that its good to live in California when you have a classic car. The best engine shops, paint shops, and so on.

My question to anyone near Milwaukee is this...Are there any good shops here for custom painting, welding, and so on??? The last thing I wanna do is take my '69 Mustang to the Sears service center ;)

For example, I was interested in the subframe connectors from TCM, but I don't weld. I'd feel more comfortable if I had a cool custom shop that could do the job and actually works on old hotrods.

Hopefully someone out here can help. If only classic muscle cars were as popular as Harleys here :)

Thanks,

KoolKat

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Got you covered, if you want to go as far away as the Madison area. the guy does does concours restoration. VERY picky, 35.00/hour, and lets you help, to reduce the rate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car won't make it to Madison right now ;) Well thats not true.....I just have no brakes so I guess I would pass through Madison :)

-KoolKat

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yup - have you talked to Authentic Automotive yet? They are in Cudahay. They do all sorts of custom stuff, and the owner, Jim, Is especially fond of mustangs, and owns a number of 69's (shelbys etc). I will be taking my car to him for paint when the time comes. Tell them Matt sent you....

·
Registered
30 Posts
You might try getting in touch with the Brewtown Cruisers car club for 49-51 Mercs. Lots of full customs - I'm sure they would have great references in the Milwaukee area.

Here's their website: http://www.brewtowncruisers.com/

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey Matt,

Whatever happened to Mark's Mustang in Hartland? Used to be on the north side of Milw., then built a shop in Hartland, off of 94.

Brian

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mark's shop is now a chain body shop. He sold all of his stuff a few years ago. He used to be on Appleton and Nash.

What about contacting the Early Mustangers club? There were alot of them at the Soerens show last weekend.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey Slate - I looked into Marks when I first bought my shell. At that time he said he was just getting out, and after that, I heard a few horror stories from other mustangers in the area about him. Some even claimed that when they got their cars back, some of the parts on their cars had been switched out with poorer used or repo parts...

There is another hobbyist here on the VMF that does great mustang work (PJSchultz?) although Im not sure he is into the modification work your looking for. Then of course Bob Perkins in Juneau....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just contacted the Early Mustangers so will see if that helps :) Thanks for all the tips guys!!

--Sometime I wished I lived in California....atleast in the winter time ;)

-KoolKat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts