Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,359 Posts
Hmm. He breaks down what he thinks all the parts are worth to come up with his total.
OK, buddy. How much is the VIN? Oh, neither you nor the car actually have that one thing? Hmm.
I bet some of those nuts over at SAAC would love a gander at this "documentation" he mentions.

Why is it on Atlanta's list when he's in Asheville, NC I wonder.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hmm. He breaks down what he thinks all the parts are worth to come up with his total.
OK, buddy. How much is the VIN? Oh, neither you nor the car actually have that one thing? Hmm.
I bet some of those nuts over at SAAC would love a gander at this "documentation" he mentions.

Why is it on Atlanta's list when he's in Asheville, NC I wonder.
Many more eyeballs on the ATL craigslist.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’m confused...is it a real Shelby? He said it has the VIN tag for amusement purposes? Seems like if it were a real Shelby it would be worth restoring and not for parts...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Dollars to donuts that you can find the very same VIN on some other "genuine" GT500, which will also have the same proof that it's a "real" GT500.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Weird ad. It's a Shelby but the VIN is for "amusement"? Copy of the old title, but no actual title? If it was the real deal and he had the title for it why part the car out? Pretty sketchy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Weird ad. It's a Shelby but the VIN is for "amusement"? Copy of the old title, but no actual title? If it was the real deal and he had the title for it why part the car out? Pretty sketchy.

Yup. Sounds like he already built his '67 Shelby... or someone else has from the VIN and original title. Why sell a car once, when you can twice? :bs::notamused:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Georgia is a non-title state for vehicles over 25 years old.

If I walk into my local DMV with a bill of sale I have ownership. I dont even need to have the car there, the car doesnt even need to exist.

The county will run a check to see if the VIN has been reported stolen, if not, all I have to do is provide proof of insurance and I walk out with a tag and registration.

If I move to a title state, I can then get the new state to issue me a title based on my Georgia documentation.

I suspect that many people with "suspect" titles advertise in Georgia to dump a car they cant get clear title to in their state.

Reactions: GypsyR

·
Registered
249 Posts
Georgia is a non-title state for vehicles over 25 years old.

If I walk into my local DMV with a bill of sale I have ownership. I dont even need to have the car there, the car doesnt even need to exist.

The county will run a check to see if the VIN has been reported stolen, if not, all I have to do is provide proof of insurance and I walk out with a tag and registration.

If I move to a title state, I can then get the new state to issue me a title based on my Georgia documentation.

I suspect that many people with "suspect" titles advertise in Georgia to dump a car they cant get clear title to in their state.
I contacted the guy. The car no longer has VIN plates so even here in GA I couldn’t get a title.

Do you have to have insurance to get the title though? I’m about to have to do it on my ‘67 coupe that i just bought. Wasn’t planning on insuring my parts heap just yet...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts