Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Fastback
922 Posts
Looks great and you’re gonna love the F150’s size/capabilities! Just to clarify, weren’t all the incentives on 2019 models?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
The incentives on 2020s are really good, at lest until they expired today. I snuck down to the dealership and saw my guy there and drove out with a 2020 STX.

I wanted the Leadfoot Gray. They had two in stock. A 4x4 with the 2.7 and a 2x4 with the 5.0.

I ended up driving the 5.0 home. The 2.7 had a 3.73 axle and the 5.0 has a 3.31 axle, strangely, they both have a 9,000 lb towing capacity.

Im going to tow a small TT and I felt better with the 5.0, I felt it didnt have to work as hard. Maybe-maybe not, but it just feels better.
Nice truck and good choice on the engine 👍

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Actually the 2020 incentives were better than the 2019 incentives. Also not many 2019s left, mostly trucks that are a hard sell. My dealer had an XL SuperCab that was pretty plain. There were some really nice used f150s, There was an 18 King Ranch with 44,000 miles for 36k. Thats my favorite flavor of F150, but I spent less and got a new truck. Of course the STX doesnt have near the equipment of the KR, but I was willing to give up some of the goodies for new with a warranty.

Reactions: 66TotalPerf

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Also, along with Husky mats and a bug shield, these babies are going on tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,462 Posts
...these babies are going on tonight.
I grew up in Pasadena, TX where Gilley's was actually located, it was not in Houston. The refinery scenes in Urban Cowboy were filmed in the refinery where my father worked for 42 years.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts