Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which did you go with, T56? What modifications were required to get it to fit? What other parts are required? About how much $ total to do the swap? Considering a 6 speed or a T5, would like to have the 6th gear for the highway, possibly with 4.10 in the rear.

TIA
Brian & Dad
65 coupe

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
MYTOYS just put a Richmond 6-speed in his car. The mods were not as extensive as he thought they would be, but they included tunnel mods, among others.

IIRC R100Rt has a T56 in his ride.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Brian and Dad, Yep I put a Richmond 6 in my 65, I'm very happy with it thus far. Mods were not too bad, You can buy direct kit from Richmond only other thing you will need is Bell housing, Tunnel mods no too bad, only negitive was shifter to forward for my liking so also switched out shifter to 3 inch curved better position for me.

I'm running a 411 gear in car and can sure leave in second with no problem, one thing is all 6 are inherintly noisy but tolerable. Cost well not cheap, about 3400 and another 300 for bellhousing. I think I have picture of done swap somewhere and I will try to PM it to you if I can find it.

If you have anymore specfic questions and or need part #'s I can dig up for you. When you go to price you will find everyones about the same and they will have to order from Richmond and they will drop ship directly to you if you go that route.

Mark

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Depending on which T56 you get, the final overdrive is the same as the T5, There is just an extra step between 4th (1:1) and 6th (.68:1) IIRC. The Viper T56 has a final drive of .50:1 so you can run a very steep gear if you want. In other words, not all T56's are the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts