Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
If its the same car, that would be my buddies. Except he never sold it last year. He was working some kind of deal with someone in California and it fell through. So, he has owed it for the last 7 or 8 years and has been working on it off and on since then. The car has yet to see the road. He was about ready to fire up the motor(351C) a couple of weeks ago, but don't know if he has yet.

It is a beautiful car. I have tried several times to get him on the forum, but he has several other interests/hobbies that keeps him very busy.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Needs the money I guess. I've tried to talk him out of it several times, but, it looks like I've lost the war. He is an outdoorsman, so he has a lot of time invested in fishing and hunting. Well a couple of weeks ago the motor on the boat went south, and he just bought a new house....can you see where this is going? I've tried to argue with him to just leave it in the garage and come back to it some other time, but I think he might just be tired of it.

He'll regret it. :( :(

If I had the money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat also. Oh well.

For those that want to peek, it's item# 2428869809 on you know where.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
but would consider giving him the 15000 for it
LOL....bet you would! Just from what you can see from the "dark" pic's, I'm sure he's got well over that figure invested. I'm guessing at least $25000? Even without the Shelby nose....
Would be an easy finish though....
I've noticed in the last couple months that the so called clones are starting to pick up in value too now...Year ago a really nice well done clone was lucky to bring $25000...now they seem to be popping at that $30,000 mark.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I just talked to Byron(the owner) and he said someone from Colorado called him yesterday and offered him 20K. Supposedly the guy was going to fly out today to take a look at it. Guess we'll see.

Ken, the car is awesome, lots of $$$$ invested. We actually took the wheels off the Mach to test fit on his car. He wanted to see what the size, and the TT2 looked like. The second we put them on, the car had a serious attitude. :: :: And, obviously Byron liked the look.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
From what I can see.....even at $20,000 it should be a decent buy (for whats there)....granted it won't be a money maker for anyone. But,it would cost you all of that to build! :: And I guess you never know....the way pricing is going, "finished" a guy might break even down the road??? Does look like a nice car.. ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts