Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some used perches to build my own set of Opentracker style perches when I came across these on Ebay. They seem to have some nice features including a machined sleeve with an internal step and c-clips on the shafts for easier rebuilding. They also have cutouts for the shock bolts to clear. Anyone seen or tried these yet?

Auction # 8022421700

http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/b6/4a/fd_1.JPG

·
Registered
188 Posts
those are nice looking spring pearches and seems to be well made, but they sure are pricey. You can accomplish the same by doing it yourself, or get them from opentracker and save lots of $$$$! I made my second pair with indents for a shock nuts based on opentrackers original design - will post a pic tonight - total cost $40 and 2 hours of fun.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
John (Opentracker), just sent me a pair of his perches.

I must say,.. compared to the ones I've been running (Bronze bushed ones I made) they are quite impressive.

VERY NICE WORK.

Buy some,.. you will not be disappointed... I'll report later how they work....

Charlie

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just received a set of roller perches from Opentracker, his workmanship is truly amazing. The attention to detail in the work done on Opentracker's perches is really good. You have to see them to understand just how well built they are. I cannot fathom how these EBAY perches can compare when the price difference is so great.

;)

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
Thank you all very much. I do try and make the perches not only work good but look good. I do have a bit of bad news. I don't want to do it but the price is going up to the general public. We will still give the same VMF forum member discount. The starting cost of Opentracker Racing Products, getting space in a commercial building and labor cost are the reasons.

I like the design of these ebay perches too for a track car. The holes in the side for shock bolt access will let in a lot of dirt and water on a street car. Still, they are a big improvement over the stock rubber perch. Anything to free up the perch will help.

John

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still planning on going with Opentrackers proven design and building my own but I was looking at the bearings the guy uses and they look different than the Opentracker ones. I asked the seller about the bearings he's using and he replied that they are true roller bearings (cylindrical) and not just standard sealed ball bearings. Is there any advantage to roller bearings over standard ones in this application?

68Restoman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts