1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N

·
0 Posts
You get what you pay for. However they do have 100% feedback and a one year warranty. Would I buy it? No. Are they totally junk? Maybe. If one goes bad do you have to pay the shipping back? Some of the powermaster units I have sold recently are total junk so I cant say that one is better than the other. Your call

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I bought a mini starter from them back in July 05. Very good to deal with. They sent me a starter for a auto trans by mistake, so they paid the shipping costs for the for the exchange. My starter cost $90.00 and the part number was 3205. They are located in Gray TN.

I have had no problems with the starter and I was referred to them by SAC69. I know he hasn't had any problems either.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just got through putting one of their starters in. I had some trouble finding one for a 4 speed toploader. It seems to be a good part looks like the ones other folks are asking almost 200 for. Recieved it the day after I bought it. :thumbup:

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,247 Posts
Hmmm, I've been using stock Ford starters. That appears to be just a straight copy of one. No doubt Chinese.
Around here the best price on a rebuilt starter is $100. Motorcraft rebuilt $120. Autolite or other brand new, about $160.
So I'd conclude that either this Ebay starter is a really good deal or a piece of scrap. If I could be sure that one was at least 3/4's as well made and durable as an OEM one, I believe I'd buy one. At any rate $40 isn't so huge a risk.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For the tight budget that I'm on, the starter mentioned above seems great.

Can this starter be used for my T5 Swap? (from 3spd to T5)

If it helps, it will be an early 302 with an 88 T5.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts