Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went in to talk to the owner at our local Colour your World about getting epoxy paint for the garage. He told me we should not paint our floors up here at all. Too much moisture below grade that gets into the concrete and if the surface is sealed will either peel the paint or actually crack the concrete.

Has he been sniffing too much paint fumes or is he correct??

Anyone up here in the snow and cold painted their floors successfully and had it last for a period of time??

I was getting all set to get the Home Depot Behr's epxoy and went in to check with him as I've used him for paint for the past 5-6 years. Now I don't know and I'm running out of warm temps to get this done.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
A co worker has a nice garage set up and he has his floor painted. He says he used grey porch paint. He paints it each summer and it lasts a year. He does work on snowmobiles in the winter so the ski rods scrape the paint off.
The paint doesn't lift. Sure brightens his shop up and he says the floor is way easier to sweep once it's painted.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I am in northern B.C. and I used boiled lindseed oil on the floor to prevent the winter salt from eating it.I tied painting it a couple of time s now and it always peels off, bubbles up when water gets under it during the winter.
This is the garage floor attached to the house. My shop floor I will not paint as I find that it gets to slippery when wet..In the garage I have had to use runners for walking areas to prevent slipping.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts