Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to install the rear louvers now. I removed the rivet nuts in order to paint the car and have new ones to install. I have the installation tool sold by AMK, but the tool did not come with directions. How do you install rivet nuts? Do you install the rivit nuts for the outside rear view mirrors in the same fashion?

Thanks in advance for the help.

sure it's fun (most of the time), but it's only a car.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the reply. The installation "tool" is actually no more than an allen wrench, an allen head screw and a couple nuts and washers. Maybe I'm supposed to put the screw in the rivet nut and thread a washer and nut on the screw where it extrudes from the bottom of the post. Then, slip the unit into the hole in the car body and slowly tighten the screw until it won't tighten any more. This should deform something. Then, I could back the screw out and the nut would fall off into the car and rattle around for the next 20 years and drive me crazy. What do you think?

sure it's fun (most of the time), but it's only a car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.