Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a company who sells both goodmark 7 dynacorn metal, just wondering if anyone has used the goodmark stuff.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
The Goodmark stuff used to be the best repro stuff on the market, but they quit producing Ford stuff and started concentrating on the Chevy stuff. I'm surprised anyone has any of it left, as Goodmark quit the Ford stuff about 9 years ago, IIRC.

Nowadays, the Ford Tooling stuff is available and probably the best stuff out there, although, I don't have any experience with the Dynacorn stuff. The Ford Tooling stuff, though, is pretty darned good.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thihnk they started making it again if your right, because several companies in my area have new websights up with goodmark metal on it.,

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Is this big news??I see no reason to order from a parts house if we can get it direct from the source...I've heard their sheetmetal was the best back in the day, is this true???

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I see no reason to order from a parts house if we can get it direct from the source
Does anyone know if they are manufacturing the items or just acting as a distributor for someone else?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have been pricing out sheet metal for my car and I noticed on the Good mark sight that the inner wheel fender combo was 60 bucks higher than the 2 sold separately is there a big advantage either way for them ? I haven't got into it yet but I will be needing a lot of different pieces back there. I guess I am wondering how well the stuff will fit or at least what to expect when trying to install the metal.

·
Registered
441 Posts
After the fit of my toe pans from American Designer, I am out to try any other vendor. These things suck.......

Jon

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I recently installed an american designers toe board in a '67,and it was waaay off,I spent four hours hand forming it into shape and butting the flanges...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a set of Goodmark fenders on my 66 fastback. They were the last set that LMM had about 5 or 6 years ago. The fit on them is great. Glad to hear they are making them again !!!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I just googled Goodmark and Dynacorn and found several discussion forums in which the consensus is that both use the same company in Taiwan to stamp the parts, ie, one dude in Taiwan with one press is stamping out 67 Mustang fenders, and some go in a Goodmark box and some go in a Dynacorn box. Up for debate was a statement that Goodmark gets first dibs on the best stampings and Dynacorn and some other company called Legion something or other gets second dibs.

I saw statements that both companies products were good and fit great, and complaints of Dynacorn fenders being wavy and Goodmark fenders being wavy. If they are indeed all coming from the same stamp, my bet is they are the same regardless of whose name is on the label.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts