Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've received a catalog from a company called "Griott's Garage" several times. It's packed with really over-priced auto products (mostly from Germany). And I gotta admit - I want most of them! Stuff to make your garage nicer than your living room; you know - really expensive waxes, paints, tools, car lifts, monogrammed Ferrari underwear... It's like the Eastwood Company and the Sharper Image had a kid.

The most appealing stuff to me is their paint-care system. Great-looking washes and protectants - but man, are they expensive! Just curious if anyone's ever used their "Best of Show" wax or other products. Are they worth all that extra money? Can anything really be THAT much better than Meguire's (sp)?

G

·
I don't know about your catalog but if you want nice stuff for your garage, check the vendors from hemmings. As i see it we Americans created the muscle car, hence created the gear head, hence created the coolest stuff for your garage, not o mention practical and affordable. ( i might me acussed of being patriotic)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have gooten many things from them as christams presents. I like them but do not find they are worth that much more.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uhhh, thanks there Littledog. I'm patriotic too... you know, what with driving a vintage Mustang and all. But I'm still curious about the Griott's products all the same.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've never seen their catalog, but I was told by a satisfied customer that their stuff is first-rate--pricey, but first rate. The world's full of neat toys.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just ordered some of thier products, the deluxe machine kit option and the machine polish and wax kit sans the orbital. I found the 7424 porter cable at Coastal Tools for$119.00 w/ the 18002 pad included. Just waiting for a good day to use them, we're still having mid 90's and plenty rain. Mustang resto has the garage tied up.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'm like you, I LOOK at the catalog and think how cool everything is, but I NEVER buy anything because they're just way too expensive. It's often made me think of covering may garage floor in black and white tile /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

I think maybe their "Target" demographic is guys with Porsches and Ferraris rather than us guys with Mustangs...

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Lemme' tell you what I bought from them several years ago and really like.

A garden hose nozzle! That firehouse nozzle they sell is great!

My neighbors want to steal it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts