Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin at some Trick Flow Twisted Wedge aluminum heads for the 347 I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with these heads and had an opinion on their performance.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use the TF TE heads on my 347. I have no complaints. My cam is fairly wimpy for a roller in a 347 though.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I have them on the otherwise stock '89 5.0 I have in my 67FB. I would never give them up. I would never go back to the old design. They have been great.

I just wish I had done a baseline and a retest to see what the RWHP delta was. It gave the motor quite a kick in the shorts :)
jer

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I also have trick flow track heat heads on my 94 302 motor. The motor has a 750 DP carb. I love the heads and wouldn't buy anything else but that's not fair to say since I haven't tried the others. I do know that when I did my research on the heads they where the best choice and I got the heads complete for $1,000 and that included shipping. I have a ton of room for valve clearence with a X303 cam. I did alot of searching on the 5.0 sites.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Check out the October issue of MM&FF. There is a comparison of 10 different heads. Flow numbers and specs are listed. In November they will publish the dyno results of all the heads. They are using a 331 as the test mule.

It's an excellent article and includes the TW heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts