Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this spring compressor on ebay, seems pretty cool and I am wondering if anyone has ever used it and can provide feedback? I would like to do my own suspension work, but am a little uncomfortable with the spring compression issue - I’ve done it once but I was 17 and fearless at the time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I haven’t personally but I’ve seen many positive reviews of it from members of this forum over the years.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Yes, I have one, best option out there and safest one to use

·
Registered
394 Posts
So is that to hold the spring and UCA while you work on the lower control arm?? If you thread that thru the spring and attach to the shock tower and secure the lower bolts to the spring purch, how can you remove the spring without disconnecting the spindle and letting the spring and UCA down. Or is that how it works?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I purchased mine years ago and probably will finally get around to using it in the next few months. I actually bought (well received as a present) the CPP Tubular Control Arms and with the Viking Coil Overs. The Coil Springs have always stopped me in my tracks so I am hoping this tool helps it go smooth and safe.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
What are you buying one for? You can rent them from your local parts store. I did mine in an afternoon.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
What are you buying one for? You can rent them from your local parts store. I did mine in an afternoon.
The rental ones are not safe to use on our cars, they slip release suddenly

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I have quite a bit of steering, suspension, and brake work to do that I think it makes sense to own one. Also, I don’t like the style of the rental ones - they feel less safe, which is what made this unit seem interesting to me...

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have that one as well. works good. Only issue I have is compressing it sometimes binds the perch, making it hard to get lined up again in the UCA. My original compressor is the hook kind you get as an auto parts store rental. I will never use that one again. I also have the OTC version which I prefer, but it is significantly more expensive. This version is a good solution for a lower cost.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts