1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
The glasspack is probably fun, but also tiresome after a while.

Generally an offset inlet / center outlet fit best on early Mustangs.

Personally, I would just buy a pair of Dynomax Superturbo mufflers and have an independent exhaust shop make an exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Not really answering your question but I ordered a pypes 65 mustang exhaust and put it on my 64 Sprint. The only issue is modifying it to fit up to the crooked collectors on the dougs headers.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I installed it on my 67 vert with a 200 6 with dual outlet headers . Overall it fit great with the exception of one of the tailpipes,had to cut & weld it 3 times I think because it was not bent correctley over the axle. The system fits good & don't bang around hitting anything after i got it installed

As to loud i don't have anything to compare it to but it's not that loud to me but my wife thinks it is.

It came with hangers & clamps.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I run that kit on my 65. I has a nice mellow tone at idle and sounds good when you get one it. Plus is also no drone. I run it with Tri-Y headers and x pipe. Fitment was very good at the tail pipes.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I run that kit on my 65. I has a nice mellow tone at idle and sounds good when you get one it. Plus is also no drone. I run it with Tri-Y headers and x pipe. Fitment was very good at the tail pipes.
I was about to say that the rear pipes (over the axle) look very "universal" and probably need some modification but good to hear that the fit very well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts