Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summit Racing has what is supposedly a direct-fit Al radiator for the 71-73 Stangs (SUM-380463) for $276. Seems to be a much better deal than Crites and the "big-name" Al radiator people. Has anyone used one of these? Just wondering about quality, fitment, shroud alternatives, etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can't really help you out but I was looking at that one too and was wondering the same thing...

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i have not installed it but i trail fit it, i have had it in the garage for about 1 year and it fits nice!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
about a year ago i did a bunch of upgrades to my 351W and decided to replace the 2-row radiator with a 3-row. I just went to Advanced Auto parts and ordered a 200$ brass radiator and that alone has kept my engine PLENTY cool. The rows were MUCH thicker than my stock rad (would've been equivalent to a 4-row in stock probably) and i ran my car without a thermastat for a week and couldn't run it over 165 degrees with just a flexalite fan too. So, unless your 351c is making SERIOUS power, i would think a conventional brass 3core radiator will be fine. Aluminum does have the "wow" effect tho...

Chaz

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes, I bought one from them last summer and it fit perfectly. Summit told me that they made by Griffin Radiators. Like any other aluminum radiator be careful installing the trans cooler lines fittings, they will strip the threads real easy. I am really happy with mine, no problems with fitment or cooling. Good Luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts