Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I’m looking for a color matching light with a couple of color temps, good CRI and somewhat affordable. The HF looks like a rebadged/clone of the Scangrip or Astro in that form factor. For $50 then a 20% coupon it’s cheap. I‘d like a 3M Sungun but that’s a bit much for how often I’d use it even used. The HF is a pretty new addition so you may not have heard about it. I didn’t think to even look at HF for something this specialized but it came up on a search on ebay for sun guns.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It mimics sunlight so you can get an accurate sense of how the paint/bodywork/detailing, etc is going to look outside. It’s different than a flashlight in that it has characteristics that enable it to be more like natural sunlight than artificial indoor lighting. There is a rating system/measurement scale that determines how close it matches sunlight and on paper the HF specs well.

Typical of HF the name brand model they compare to isn’t really the same thing. It’s a higher price but it does more stuff. This particular light is similar to the $54 version and not the $149 version they compare in the listing. After reading the manual it doesn’t have a key feature of the $54 light. Still though it gets positive reviews online and looks like it works well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts