Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked the Kelsey Hayes Magstar wheels. I recently bought a set of repo Magstars to put on my 69 and was not at all happy with them. First the place I bought them stated they came with lug nuts and center caps. After they showed up no lug nuts and center caps. Called them on it and they wanted another $270.80 for all 4 sets. Then after checking the wheels out closer they were not even a matched set. Three of the wheels had the center welded in and the other one had the center riveted in.That told me there was a problem with these wheels so I sent them back. Well now I am looking at a set of Wheel Vintiques billet Marodder wheels. They look just like the Magstars but they are all billet aluminum. If someone has them how do you like them? I hate to spend the money on them (yes they are costly) and not like them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
First of all, I don't have any, bummer... :(

They look great but I noticed the "no return" policy. You're being smart to make sure before you buy. I've seen the repop wheels you described and thought they were very nice. I'm sure billet will be consistent as each wheel should be a "perfect" copy of the others. Good luck with your search and I think you have great taste.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love the look of Magstars too. Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the repros. Man, I'd be all over those Marodders if they made a 16" version. I can't find good performance tires in 15" sizes, and 17" looks too modern for what I'm trying to do...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts