Vintage Mustang Forums banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
has anyone put one in a 65 with hydraulic clutch?

i have a 66 here that needs ps.. already has a modern driveline hydraulic assy..

i dont have time to fabricate it all so was looking at a kit-- i dont know if the unisteer one will take up less space or more than the epas one.. and would like a tilt column as well-- so the unisteer would fit the bill IF it fits..

TCP is what i was going to order this week-- so unless i can figure out if the electric will fit for sure i have to get this done soon..

i see there is an article at Mustang monthly on an install of the epas kit-- i wish the final pic showed if you can see that from the drivers seat..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Here are the pics from the Falcon Forum (tffn.net). Enjoy !!!

I will be doing the same thing later but with Rack and Pinion for "better" steering feel !

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I installed EPS in my 66 Mustang today. It fits pretty well and installation is straight forward, but takes a few days when doing it from scratch.

It works but:

-Feels a bit "notchy", might be caused by the upper shaft that has a bit of a wobble after welding.

- Response time to changes made to the control seems excessively long (seconds).

+ Parking is a breeze in comparison
+ very quiet

I will post pictures when I get the bugs worked out

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I installed EPS in my 66 Mustang today. It fits pretty well and installation is straight forward, but takes a few days when doing it from scratch.

It works but:

-Feels a bit "notchy", might be caused by the upper shaft that has a bit of a wobble after welding.

- Response time to changes made to the control seems excessively long (seconds).

+ Parking is a breeze in comparison
+ very quiet

I will post pictures when I get the bugs worked out
Awesome, cant wait to hear your updates

·
Registered
18 Posts
I Just ordered a equinox colum and control off of ebay $202 shipped you need to apply power to the control and PS box and splice wires between the 2.
I will cut the steering shaft and mount the PS between the firewall and steering colum using u-joints to connect to the manual steering box.
I was looking at pullys, hoses, PS pump, PS box 800 to 1000 bucks for my 1966 mustang.
I could also mount it above the steering box under the hood, but I want it hidden.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have my electric power steering from a saturn coming from ebay and the control box coming from ebay. Is there anyway to install this without removing the steering box and just cut the column from the inside?
Please if someone can give me a measurement it would be greatly appreciated before i end up ordering a new column. If i can do this i can just cut the column and install the couplings from both sides.

Thanks for the help,
Pat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds good to me:)

I already have a power steering box from a mid 60s Ford pickup, and the required adapter to connect to my drag link. However, I would gladly pay $100 for an electric power steering pump.
Send me an email with all the details at, [email protected]

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
I already have a power steering box from a mid 60s Ford pickup, and the required adapter to connect to my drag link. However, I would gladly pay $100 for an electric power steering pump.
Send me an email with all the details at, [email protected]
Welcome to VMF ,Your new to how forums work aren't you :shrug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
What could i use on a 1968 International 1/2 ton pickup truck.I need to do something without spending a small fortune .Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Merry Christmas

101 - 120 of 135 Posts