Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It's been a while since I've posted but I'm still around. Lots of problems going on at home, about to start a new job and I'll be moving to a new town in a couple of months. I'm still trying to piece together the "lawn ornament" so that I can get it moved to a temporary storage facility (thanks 66emberglow). The undercarriage is done and the new suspension is almost ready to bolt on. My delimma comes from my thoughts of selling the car. It's not that I really want to but since I'll be moving into an apartment 1 1/2 hours away from where the car will be I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to get back to the work on it. I guess I'm just looking for some moral support from you guys......... my friends.
I know I'll never be able to get what I have in the car if I were to sell it and I'd probably never have the opportunity to find one as solid and cheap as this one is but I also don't want it to turn into a "carsinbarns" story.

What do you guys think??

64 1/2 D code Coupe
289 (3000 miles on rebuild)
C4 (fresh)
Vintage Air a/c system
power steering
all new suspension and brakes including drums
needs one short front floor pan and one lower rear quarter patch

Does $2500-3000 sound reasonable? I'd just about break even at that amount.

This of course is still up in the air. It's just something I'm thinking about. Don't wanna let a good car go to waste.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
No chance to move it closer?
maybe you could get 66emberglow to work on it for you!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
We most certainly do not want this to end up being a "cars in barns" story! Really jp, I don't mind storing it on the back 40 for awhile. It really won't be in the way. But making a new start is hard when you're lugging around lawn ornaments.

I would consider selling it, or parting it out. First thing I'd do is sell that vintage air. Will it bolt onto a 170ci 6 cylinder? Or a 32 Ford pickup?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely WILL NOT part it out. It goes as a whole or not at all. I posted mainly to get an idea as to whether my pricing sounded fair or come up with some ideas as to how to hold on to the car. I appreciate you offering to store it for me. I just don't want to leave it sitting outside for a year or two with my new parts rusting away. It's finally to the point of starting the body work and It makes me sick to think about it rotting away instead of going to someone who can appreciate and finish it.

A/C isn't for sale since I haven't finished paying for it myself. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
938 Posts
From how you describe the car..needs a floor pan and quarter panel..I don't think sitting outsidde at your buddys place for a long while will harm it any. As for your new parts..open up the drums and thoroghly spray brake parts with something like lithium grease or anything elsee you think will stop/prevent rust. Mothballs insde to keep all critters out. Think you should offer your buddy something a month to keep eye on it and replace the cheap plastic tarp wwhen it starts to fall apart from the weather.. These cars really fall apart very much in a two year period,especially if just a little cover and fuel was drained. Goodd luck...

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I'd keep the car have you thought about when you want to start another project the cost of starting over. Besides pushing that thing would be a drag. hee hee!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
1.5 hr away? So what! I have been driving 2.25 hrs one way for the last year to work on mine. It is sitting in my brothers garage. Oh did I also mention I have been slowly working on Stang for just over 13 years now.
Seriously, if you want to keep it, then just find a good, dry, safe, cheap storage facility and lock it up for awhile. Unless you really need the cash. No need to part with your Mustang just because you are relocating. I hung onto mine when money was tight and even had no progress for almost 6 years at one point. Hang in there. It will work out and you wont have to part with your dream machine. $.02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts