Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks. I've been mostly lurking around here. Last time I was posting, I was looking for a buyer of my '70 Mach 1 project, which was sold to a VMFer and headed off to greener pastures for a fine restoration.

These days, I'm drooling on my roommate's black on black '67 289 coupe.

We picked this car up for a song in great condition. His first real car. He adores it.

We elected to go from a stock four wheel drum setup to a power disc kit from SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Corporation). On Saturday, my roommate and I rolled up our sleeves and got to work.

Needless to say it's been a bit more complex than I thought. The biggest stumbling block has been the brake pedal. It looks like the clutch pedal needs to be removed as well, and I'm not sure I can do that without taking the entire dash apart.

I would *love* to get someone who's had some experience with dismantling their pony to come on by and poke their head at our install. You won't even have to lift a finger. You could just point and bark off orders. :)

I would gladly pick anyone up, pay for gas, buy dinner and lunch and breakfast and any other possible combonation therein.

The car is in Kenmore right now. My biggest problem is that my roommate uses this car for minor transportation, and my friend Devon isn't thrilled with a two ton paperweight in his garage for the whole week, so tracking down some help ASAP is my goal.

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your right about probably having to take the pedal assembly out, I dont see any other way to swap the push-rod off the brake pedal. I have plenty of experience with 66 mustangs, and am right in shoreline, ill send an email and you can let me know if you want me to stop and look.

keith

1 - 2 of 2 Posts