Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nifty '69 sportsroof made a guest appearance.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Yep, although I'd almost swear it was 3 different cars. Looked like a 67-8 coupe with a turnsiginal hood in the first few shots, then a plain 69 FB with GT wheels, then that last 'thing'.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
did you notice the extra side scooping, below the normal side scoop, kind of went down to the rocker area, I could not get a good look at it & forgot to dvr it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I saw it too and was wondering if others here did!

I noticed that extra scoop too. It looked to be partially on the door and continue to the lower rocker.

Are the ignition switches that hard to get now? I was amused by the idea of going back in time and getting parts.

I liked the lowered stance of that car, it looked good.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I'm wondering if someone on that show is a Mustang fan. Last week had a '66 sitting at the gas pump in the 70s gas-shortage sequence, along with his brother's bright red '69.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Mustangfeverrr said:
I'm wondering if someone on that show is a Mustang fan. Last week had a '66 sitting at the gas pump in the 70s gas-shortage sequence, along with his brother's bright red '69.
Saw all of that too and was thinking the same thing. They film the show very close to my work, in fact some of it was shot right next to our building.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotstang said:
Yep, although I'd almost swear it was 3 different cars. Looked like a 67-8 coupe with a turnsiginal hood in the first few shots, then a plain 69 FB with GT wheels, then that last 'thing'.
Ok... I'm not crazy. I thought it was a 67 FB in the first couple of shots.

Still nice to see our cars onscreen.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
That 69' has been in every episode I've seen so far. Seems like that fat hood/roof strip is different sizes in a few episodes. It's his brothers car. Lots of nice older cars in that show when that guy goes back 20+ years.
That show reminds me of a show years ago called Quantum Leap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
And the Jouney Man himself has a new Mustang. It had a little wreck in the first show when he went back in time while driving it.

Hey GT SCode, are you saying they really film in the SF Bay Area? I'm surprised that they are. Maybe I'll go look for them!

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
Yes, not sure how much of it is filmed on location but definitely have seen them filming downtown. Couldn't park at my building one night because of it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
So the show's not about an electrician?

I love to watching old movies/shows from the '60's and '70's and spotting some sweet rides in the background shots. It's got to be a lot more trouble to film a period piece from then now with prices for classic cars skyrocketing.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Am I the only one who noticed the scary resemblences / references to the movie Bullitt?

1) Star favors Steve McQueen
2) His real name is McKidd
3) Location is San Francisco
4) He and his brother drive Mustangs
5) Brother's Mustang is a classic.

If they remake Bullitt, I think this guy should be him.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A Bullitt remake is planned with Brad Pitt slated for the role of Frank Bullitt.

I think the connections to Bullitt may be coincidental, though there are a lot of them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts