Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get the mirrors, door handles (inners and outers) Chromed and also the door latches and strikers plated with the zinc dichromate (the yellow-ish tint) from my 67 Shelby.

Anyone have a local recomendation?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Rod are you on the yahoo groups web site? If so check out post numbers 4637 thru 4642. There were some platers info there.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not . I was wondering about Midwest Chrome on 59th street in Chicago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
chrome

I'd like to get the mirrors, door handles (inners and outers) Chromed and also the door latches and strikers plated with the zinc dichromate (the yellow-ish tint) from my 67 Shelby.

Anyone have a local recomendation?
There is a older guy that works out of his garage in Union IL

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I called "Midwest American Chrome" and got that familiar reply that "The line has been disconnected". So, I googled "chrome Plating in Chicago" and called a place called A & R. They are near Midway Airport. Seems if you want chrome done around here you need to know where the bikers go. I don't.
So, I grabbed a Hemmings Motor news and boxed up my stuff and sent it to Paul's Chrome plating in Pennsylvania. We'll see how this goes. I imagine that it would have been cheaper to just buy new repop or NOS stuff on Ebay but with my car, the judges seem to know how to sniff out what is what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts