Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to GT'ize my 66 Coupe, and was wondering if anyone had any pictures. Just wondering if it had rocker moldings and what ornaments it has. I am thinking about painting it Wimbledon White with black interior.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I love the GT styling as well, and plan to add some to future mustangs....

IMO, cars with GT stripes look kinda funny with rocker mouldings and stock emblem as well....Too much going on in that area.

If your car was not originally a GT, I'd recommend adding all of the GT ornamentation (using stick on mustang lettering) but deleting the GT badge. I'd fill the fender emblem holes in a way that they could be opened up again if another owner wanted to (epoxy putty?).... That's what I plan to do.....This way you're not trying to pass your car off as a GT, all mods are reversable, and you get 95% of the look without cloning a GT.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No factory 66 GT had rocker moulding or rear quarter ornaments. Wimbledon white with black interior and stripes looks pretty good, though white with red interior, stripes and dual redlines would even look better, IMO. ::

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Do us all a favor and at least admit it is a GT "clone" when the car goes up for sale in the future.

There are no rocker mouldings on a GT car. And also no chrome trim in the side sculpturing. And no standard "Mustang" emblem. So, if you want to make a really good GT clone, fill the holes before you paint, then drill for those individual "m-u-s-t-a-n-g" letters that go into the stripe, and the "GT" emblem. Other wise all the BS alarms will go off.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is clear VIN'd a "T" code and I doubt I would ever sell it. I have 2 mustangs and 2 boys.....

I am not trying to pass anything off as I classify it more of a RestoMod. Disks, 9", electric windows, 347, etc...

My Fastback is a Shelby Clone with a Paxton. Not trying to pass that one off, just like the look and can't afford the real thing.

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Not trying to "dis" the attempt, it's fine. But if you look often enough at Foolbay", these little additions seem to get forgotten at sale time.
May you enjoy your Mustangs for years to come

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My coupe was a "T" code in bad condition to start and the fenders are repops. (No holes) I was just wondering if there were some PIC's out there of a white GT Coupe. Wanted to see a picture of what I have in my head.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have an original white 66 gt coupe. tell me what you want to see and ill snap a pic and send it to you. You will have to wait until friday because im on the road this week for business. Send me an e-mail or pm with what ever details you want.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here you go.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Check out auction # 2424939848. It is closed, but it was white with red GT stripes. Should give you a feel for what your looking for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts