Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May soon have access to showroom new (<25K miles) 87 towncar signature series. My Grandpa had this car since new and drove it to church on Sundays and on road trips only. How is the engine/tranny on this things? Can any of the other power options and or drivetrain/brakes be used on a vintage Mustang restomod?

Just trying to figure out if parts are worth more than the car. It would be a shame to hack this car up, but who really wants an old Towncar in mint condition anyway? Nobody would pay what it's worth.

Thanks,
Troy

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Keep it and drive it! Don't harvest anything from it, its way too young!

·
Registered
616 Posts
drive it sell the car your making a payment on and go paymentless for a bit and spent the money on the stang

·
Registered
858 Posts
keep it as a daily driver dude...thats realllly low miles for a car THAT OLD! lol, yea it may look a little ugly/old to u...but it will save u $ to spend on ur stang ;)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm with the keep it crowd, unless you have no payments. If you don't, sell it for a few grand and then spend it on your stang. It may hurt to take what seems like a loss, but someone will really enjoy that car in one piece.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Im also with the keep it crowd. It may look old ugly & boxy but i drove an 89 TC for 2 years. Nice cars, comfy and you can haul people with it. The 5.0's in those cars are a little weaker than the GT 5.0 but still put the scat to that big tank. The thing i'd watch out for is the AOD...that will be your only weak link.. Have Fun! ::

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Keep it. Paid for and in great shape, plus it's a good sized comfortable car. What more could you ask for in something that isn't a Mustang?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts