Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone but Windsor-Fox MAKE the crossmember for the AOD? I know other companies carry it. The one I got from NPD still ahd the WF sticker on it.

Just curious.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm not really sure if others are making them, yet, but Mustang's Unlimited offers a kit, for approx. $400, that includes the X-member for the '65-'70. Haven't seen anything for the '71-'73, yet. :(

·
7,028 Posts
I found this one in the lumber aisle of Home Depot.

http://home.earthlink.net/~1_65pony/Dsc00302.jpg

Phil

·
Registered
560 Posts
I read somewhere that a C6/FMX cross member can work. The bolt holes will need relocation.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Wrong answer, I was told the same thing. I wasted $40.00 plus shipping getting a used C6 crossmember to install. There is no way in the world it will work without cutting it to pieces....

·
Registered
560 Posts
Maybe it varies by body style/year. I read an install article in one of my mags,will try to find it, where they showed the FMX/C6 member was used and installed in the photos. If you got one lying around from the original drivetrain, it ain't harmful in taking a look to see if it will work or not.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I suggest shopping around and getting the best price for the windsor fox model, and be THANKFUL you have an option thats premade , that you dont' have to cut / cut up / weld / fidget with.

When I bought mine a year ago, I went with NPD for all the stuff, as the overall price was better.

If you do a search for "AOD" and "URL", then you'll find my journey.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ummm... wasnt really the point of the post. I have in fact FINISHED my conversion (using the WF piece). I asked the question because theirs wasnt to my liking.

I don't need to be thankful that someone makes a mediocre product (IMHO) that I have no choice but to purchase.

Thanks anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts